Katrinas - Video Walkthrough
Katrinas - eLearning Prototype (click logo)
(Articulate, Techsmith Camtasia, Adobe Audition, Quizmaker, Engage)
Click logo to view prototype ...
Item Name: Katrinas - Prototype eLearning Module
Creators: Craig Leggo & Dean Whitling
Date: 28th September, 2012
Keywords: eLearning, beauty school, certified online training, beautician training, nail technician training, Cert. III in Beauty Services online.
During a briefing with Katrina (Director) and Lisa (General Manager), Dean Whitling and Craig Leggo gained a deeper understanding of the strengths and opportunities within Katrinas School of Hair & Beauty. Of particular note was Katrina's desire to explore ideas around a more modern and user-friendly website, video and podcasting, along with taking their existing RTO content and converting, contextualising and updating it for delivery via electronic means. it was felt that these measures would increase both the existing conversion rates and the number of student enrolments, without putting additional pressure on those responsible for the sales function within the school.
This prototype offers a further opportunity to explore how Katrinas might more forward on these ideas, and hopefully provides some inspiration in highlighting what may be possible for the organisation as it expands in both reach and depth.
The project incorporates audio, text and imagery derived from Katrina's source materials, online sources, DWPhoto stock and royalty free online music.
- Concept Logo
- Katrina's Theme Soundtrack for all eLearning and advertising
- Articulate customised skin incorporating all interactive elements (buttons, menu, fonts, headings, etc)
- Video Intro & Outro for module incorporating Katrina's school branding, theme
- Articulate Engage and Quizmaker themes modified and customised to fit brand colours
- Camtasia video walkthrough
- Audio intros and outros created with Audition
Other potential study topics:
During the process of creating this project, many other ideas have arisen. In particular, the ability to incorporate interactive elements is a hugely desirable attribute for Katrina's demographic. Further research and interviews are necessary to ensure the final product truly meets and exceeds the expectations of the owners, management, team and most importantly - the students of the school themselves.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Providing the chance for current students to act as mentors/buddies to online distance students. i.e. recency theory.
- Interactive webinars at set times each week to introduce an active element to aid motivation, questions, retention.
- Podcasts with existing Katrinas employees/graduates who may be able to offer some advice and encouragement
- "Treasure Hunt" challenges for students who have to follow an online trail to find answers to a quiz - prizes, etc?
- Challenge students to make their own video of home based treatments for appraisal by trainers - Skype?
- Hosted parties for student's friends during which they may have treatments and be educated about
Katrina's opportunites and products.